Equality and Diversity Policy
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
Elena Baltacha Academy of Tennis is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that EBAT will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. This policy extends to all job applicants, visitors, clients and customers.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All workers, job applicants, visitors’ clients and customers will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
- Everyone is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness and that all decisions are made on merit.
- We will review all our services and how we communicate to ensure there are no barriers and inequalities of access
- Breaches of this policy will be regarded as misconduct.